Friday, October 3, 2014

Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins

Can you believe it is already October?  I.AM.SO.HAPPY!!  I love this month for so many reasons!


It finally feel like Fall here this morning.  I forgot how good 68 feels!  It has been in the high 90's and very humid in San Antonio all week so the cold cool front that came in overnight is welcome!! Though it has been unseasonably warm, Fall is still everywhere.  My house smells amazing like apples (thanks to my BFF, Carrie!!), it's a must that there is some kind of Oktoberfest or pumpkin beer in the fridge, pumpkin patches are open everywhere and my Fall/Halloween decorations are out!  And the only thing that could make my pumpkin and/or Autumn harvest iced coffee better in the mornings are these ahhh-mazing Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins that I discovered a few weeks ago.  They are so good and so easy!  This time of year I always try to keep at least one can of pumpkin in my pantry because I know there will be a lot of pumpkin treats made over the next two months.  I like to be prepared!!!  So I actually had everything that I needed to make them.  They were so good a few weeks ago that I have been craving them for breakfast since! 

What you'll need...


2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 c. canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 c. sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)
Coarse sugar (optional)

Now what!?!
  • Preheat your oven to 400 F and grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening...or line with festive baking cups.
  • Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt together in a large bowl.  I had this cute little guy as my helper!  It was all fun and games until he decided that it would be hilarious to dump a big spoonful out on the counter! 
  • Stir in pumpkin, oil, eggs, cranberries and pecans until moistened.  The batter is very thick.  
  • Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. It is the perfect amount for 12 large muffins. 
  • If you have coarse sugar then you can sprinkle it over the batter in each cup.  
  • Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  I started checking mine at 15 minutes because they smelled so amazing!  I let them cook for 20 minutes, though, and they were perfect. 
  • Immediately remove the muffins from the pan to cool. 

I followed the recipe exactly the first time but this time I used a heaping cup of pumpkin (instead of 1 cup) and 1/2 c. dried cranberries (instead of 1 cup).  I wanted more of a pumpkin flavor with a little less cranberry.  These muffins are great warm, cold and are even still delicious a few days later.

Well, I am off to get the rest of my chores done because we have a busy weekend ahead of us!  TN vs. FL (GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!) on tomorrow then we are taking Henry to the first pumpkin patch of the season on Sunday!  Hay rides, a giant corn maze, games, food and pumpkins...what's not to love!  I hope everyone has a great weekend and be sure to let me know what you think about these Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins !

Hugs,

1 comment :

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com