Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sunshine & Strawberry Ice Cream Cones

I'm back!  I haven't been on here since a few days before Thanksgiving.  It has been a very busy last few months here.  So much has been going on but I feel like things are finally getting back to normal...even though, I do still have Christmas decorations boxed up and sitting in my Dining room!

The weather in San Antonio has been absolutely gorgeous this week!  Henry and I have taken full advantage of our Spring-like temperatures and beautiful blue skies.  Today we are supposed to hit a record high of 83!  As soon as my little guy wakes up we will head outside for more fun.  Picnics, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, playing with rocks, playing ball with the dogs and afternoon walks...yes, PLEASE! And let's not forget strawberry ice cream cones with his Daddy!  I think the 3 of us would be perfectly fine if the weather would stay like this.  I am not a fan of cold weather and being stuck indoors.  Especially with a very active 2 year old!



It has been too cold in the mornings to get out (still in the 40's) so I decided to do some baking today. Henry loves to help me so it is usually fun and only sometimes a disaster!  His Speech Therapy theme for the week has been food so spending some time cooking and baking was perfect.  I thought I'd give these Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins a try.  They were pretty good.  Henry is so picky so I am always trying new ways to incorporate healthy foods.  I think these would be great with some shredded zucchini added to them so I will probably try that next time. I followed the recipe pretty much exactly how Debbie did in her blog.  I used vanilla greek yogurt instead of plain and agave nectar instead of honey.   I was pretty impressed!  I plan to give these Baked Oatmeal Bars a try next week.  They look so good and seem very easy, as well.

We also made these Strawberry & White Chocolate Cookies and they are pretty ahhhh-mazing! And easy! Again, I didn't make any changes to the recipe.  I did leave out the M&M's, though.  I know...WHY???? But I figured they'd be sweet enough and good enough without them...and they were! Of course, it is all personal preference.

The boy is up and my man is home from work early so it is time for some more fun in the sun.  Not every week or even every day is all butterflies and rainbows sunshine and strawberry ice cream cones but this week has been and I love it!   Happy Hump Day and I hope everyone has a great rest of the week...no matter what your weather is like!


xoxo,

Nicole

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com